* The club shall be known as The Fitness Suite. Management reserve the right to change rules, terms and conditions of the club without prior notice. It is advised to check back
periodically for any changes/ additions to the terms and conditions.
* Management reserve the right to change fees and payments for the good and benefit of the club.
* Membership cards/Key cards remain the property of the club and all members will be required to show cards on each and every visit.
* Members will conduct themselves in a quiet, well-mannered fashion at all times.
* Members who appear intoxicated will be refused entry.
* The management reserve the right to refuse entry at all times and to terminate memberships with immediate effect.
* Members expelled will forfeit all privileges of membership.
* Any complaints unresolved at the time of incident will be referred to and dealt with by the manager.
* The club shall be entitled to make alterations, carry out repairs or maintenance without prior notice, though the course, every consideration will be made to minimise inconvenience.
* The club shall not be responsible for the personal belongings of the members or visitors.
* Additional charges of up to £25 may be incurred for any unpaid Standing orders.
* £50 charge for unauthorised cancellations.
* No refunds for non-usage of clubs facilities.
* Photograph compulsory.
* The club reserves the right to amend the terms & conditions from time to time.
* Members can only cancel/suspend their membership once their initial commitment has passed.
* Suspended memberships must last for a minimum of three months.
Members must be a named account holder of the account to be debited and be the only person required to authorise debits, unless the account holder is present and offers their signature to authorise membership.
A member or visitor engaging in the club activities or making use of its facilities are responsible for ensuring that he or she is properly equipped and that his or her state of health and physical condition are such as not to involve any risk to him or herself or any other person making use of the club. It is hereby understood and agreed the club accepts no responsibility for accident, injury, illness, loss or misadventure caused to or suffered by members or guests on the club premises howsoever caused. Only to the extent caused by the wilful default or negligence of the club, its servants or agents. Members are responsible for their own insurance in respect of injuries suffered, loss or damage to equipment.
1.1 PRE-EXERCISE MEDICAL SCREENING
1. Do you have a history of heart problems?
2. Do you have a history of lung problems?
3. Have you had chest pains or tightness in the chest?
4. Do you suffer from exercise induced asthma or other respiratory problems?
5. Do you suffer from headaches/fainting/ dizziness?
6. Do you have pain/limited movement in any joint that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
7. Do you have diabetes?
8. Do you have epilepsy?
9. Have you had a recent operation/chronic illness/injury?
10. Are you pregnant / post natal?
11. Do you know of any other reason why you should not do physical activity?
12. Is there a history of heart problems in your family?
13. Do you have high blood pressure?
14. Do you have a back problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
15. Do you smoke?
16. Are you currently taking any medication?
1. Does your child have bone or a joint problem which could be made worse by physical activity?
2. Does your child suffer from asthma that adversely affects him or her during physical exercise?
3. Do you know of any other reason why your child should not participate in or should take extra care when engaging in physical activity?
If you have answered yes to any questions 1-11, we strongly recommend that you obtain your doctor\'s consent prior to exercise, and undertake an induction programme prior to using the facilities. If you have answered yes to questions 12-16, you are advised to limit your activities to a moderate intensity, and undertake an induction programme prior to using the facilities.
To ensure maximum physical fitness to you and to increase your safety within the fitness club, we strongly recommend that you undertake the supervised induction whatever your physical condition.
* I am aware of and understand the potential risks associated with physical exercise and I am voluntarily partaking in these activities with a knowledge thereof.
* I have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding activities, use of equipment, other related activities and to have the benefit of an induction programme. Any questions I have asked have been answered to my satisfaction.
* The questionnaire attached hereto has been completed to the best of my knowledge and belief.
* I understand that if there is a change in my condition at all, I must inform the Club Management in order that my training can be re-assessed.
* Without prejudice to the above, The Fitness Suite accepts no liability for loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising caused to me or suffered by me whilst on the premises, UNLESS such loss or liability is caused by the negligent act of the Club.
I understand that ALL membership fees are non-refundable. I acknowledge membership is for an initial period of 3 months from date of joining; thereafter it is continuous and expires only on cancellation. I accept that I must give a full calendar month notice of cancellation. All members who wish to cancel their membership must do so in writing. Failure to do so will result in the claiming of another direct debit payment.
I have read, understand and accept the rules, terms and conditions laid down by the club and agree to abide by them. I understand that the club may from time to time make changes to the club without prior notice.
Everything you need to get you started.
2.0 OPENING TIMES
Weekdays 7.30am – 9.30pm, Saturday 10.00am- 5.00pm, Sunday- Closed, Bank Holidays- Closed (Unless stated).
Last admittance 45 minutes before closing time.
2.1 WHAT RESTRICTIONS ARE THERE ON THE OFF PEAK MEMBERSHIP?
Off peak memberships are superb value for those members who can come during the quieter times of the day. It also gives you all day usage
every weekend. Off peak times are 9.30am – 4.30pm weekdays and 10.00am – close weekends. Members can arrive no later than 4.00pm and must vacate the facilities by 4.45pm. Of course, refreshments are available for you at any time.
3.0 LOYALTY CARDS/ IDENTIFICATION
When you join your photograph will be taken and your fingerprint scanned. This will not appear on your loyalty card but will flash onto our computer screens to confirm your identity when you enter the club. All cards remain the property of The Fitness Suite and must be returned to the club if you cancel your membership. Lost loyalty cards will be charged £5.
4.0 MEMBERSHIP COMMITMENT
There is an initial commitment of just 3 months. Thereafter, you can cancel your annual membership at the club by giving one full months’ notice in writing to the club, you must return your membership card, you must sign relevant documents to activate your intention to cancel and full settlement of your obligations being the sum paid in advance or the monthly instalments payable up to the end of the notice period. All members will be issued with a receipt which must be kept as proof of cancellation. Please note 30 days notice must be given prior to final payment to allow for administration processing. Failure to do so may incur a further payment.
4.1 PAY AND PLAY MEMBERSHIPS
There is an annual membership fee of £10. Pay and Play members can purchase credits for their account. All classes and credits are charged seperately (see class prices). Monies are non refundable.
5.0 CAN I BRING A GUEST?
Yes. Usually a fee is charged. Please check at reception for current prices and offers. Should your adult guest choose to join the club that day, the guest fee will be set against their joining fee. You are responsible for the conduct of your guest during their visit. A member can introduce four guests at any one visit.
6.0 CAN CHILDREN USE THE CLUB?
The Fitness Suite is primarily an adult club but we welcome a restricted junior membership (see reception for details) or £3.00 per visit. Juniors are classed as 10 years to 15 years of age inclusive.
Junior usage times are:
Monday – Friday 2.00pm – 5.00pm, Weekends 12.00 noon – 2.00pm.
* Juniors cannot use the gymnasium without adult consent
* Juniors must be accompanied by parent whilst in the club
* Juniors cannot introduce guests
* Juniors 6 years and older must change in their own changing room appropriate to their gender
7.0 CAN I PUT MY MEMBERSHIP ‘ON HOLD’?
Yes. Memberships are continuous but can be suspended by giving 10 days notification. There is a minimum of two months suspension period with no maximum limit with a monthly charge of just £5 payable by Cash, Cheque, and Card. This facility is only available after the initial commitment has passed. Only when the member has been on suspension for two months or more can cancellations be processed and a full calendar months’ notice in writing still applies as per our cancellation terms & conditions.
8.0 WILL THERE BE SOMEONE TO SHOW ME HOW TO USE THE GYM EQUIPMENT?
Yes of course. We have pride ourselves on helping you through every step of your health and fitness. Depending on your package, personal training and consultations are available. Please see the reception team to book your personal training session.
9.0 PERSONAL TRAINING/MONTHLY CONSULTATIONS
The client is asked to pay special attention to the provisions related to liability and cancellations - this does not affect your statutory rights.
9.1 WHAT ARE THE COMPANY OBLIGATIONS?
The Personal Trainer will plan, design and implement a comprehensive program that will take into account the clients personal goals, and fitness levels. The club will provide coaching, supervision, advice and support relevant to the client in order to achieve their results. Personal details including medical history will remain strictly private and confidential.
9.2 WHAT ARE THE CLIENTS OBLIGATIONS?
The client understands that in order to achieve the results; the program designed by the company must be followed, under no circumstances should the client deviate from the program. Failure to comply will result in the client not achieving the results they seek. The client is required to arrive on time for each training session so that a full session can be achieved on each visit. The client is required to wear the appropriate footwear and clothing. Footwear should be comfortable and provide the correct support.
9.3 PERSONAL TRAINING PREMIERE PACKAGES
The company would like to introduce the new personal training packages including bronze, silver and gold. These packages are a fantastic way to make personal training more affordable.
9.3.1 HOW WOULD A PERSONAL TRAINING PACKAGE BENEFIT ME?
Joe bloggs would like personal training but would also like to participate in the classes we offer. Joe would benefit from a personal training package because they include classes. Lets say
Joe attends two personal training sessions per week, one yoga class and one zumba class. If Joe was paying for personal training with a junior trainer this would cost £40 for personal training, £7
for yoga and £4 for zumba. Because Joe signed up for a silver personal training package he only pays £37.50. Joe has made a saving of £13.50.
These packages are subject to a three month minimum commitment period and a £25 admin fee. Please note, all personal training sessions have to be redeemed each week and can not be carried
over to the following week.
9.4 PERSONAL TRAINING PAY AS YOU GO SINGLE SESSIONS
The club understands that clients may wish to have more flexibilitiy when it comes to personal training. Therefore we also offer 'pay as you go' personal training sessions. These can be purchased in blocks of 5 or 10.
9.4.1 WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL A PAY AS YOU GO PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION?
The club understands that on occasion clients may not be able to attend their personal training session. As a gesture of good will the club will allow a cancellation of and including 5% of a year’s average amount of sessions booked free of charge providing twenty four hours’ notice or more is given. Cancellations in excess of 5% or cancellations where less than twenty four  hours’ notice is given will incur the full fee. Please see the pro rata table below for more details:
Number Of Paid Sessions Per Week
Allowance Per Year
There are no limits placed on re-arranging sessions providing a place is available for the session to take place. Clients must re-arrange their sessions to take place within three  days of the original session and twenty four  hours’ notice must be given prior to re arranging.
9.4.1 REFUND POLICY
Once payment is made monies are non-refundable. This is a comprehensible clause whereby under no circumstances will any refund be given. In extreme circumstances individuals will be able to
appeal to the board of directors for considerations. If a client is unable to continue training due to medical reasons, as a gesture of good will, the company will allow the client to select an able
person to redeem the sessions on a clients behalf.
One voucher per person. Printed vouchers display expiration dates. Vouchers may only be redeemed during the dates shown. Vouchers must be mentioned when booking. Twenty four hours notice
must be given for all voucher bookings.
10.1 GIFT VOUCHERS
Gift vouchers can be purchased at any time and are redeemable within three months of purchase. If a gift voucher is not redeemed within three months it will be deemed void and no refund will be given. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser or receiver to redeem each voucher, not the company. Gift vouchers and offers can be removed or changed by the company and on the website at any time.
10.2 12 DAYS OF FITNESS
One per person. Voucher allows you to use the facilites during peak times for 12 consecutive days from the date it is redeemed. Classes are not included.
11.0 SAUNA HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
It is essential that you understand the aspects, possible dangers and safe practice of sauna usage. Please Read the Following Carefully
IF YOU SUFFER FROM THE FOLLOWING PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING THE SAUNA
Ill effects from heat exposure, epilepsy, giddiness or fainting, headaches or migraine, a heart condition, hypertension, prickly heat, cold sores, allergies, skin ulcers or taking any form of prescribed drug, ointment/lotion, antibiotic or tranquilliser, diabetic, pregnant.
CAUTION: YOUR SKIN MAY BE EXTRA SENSITIVE IF YOU HAVE HAD THE FOLLOWING SKIN TREATMENTS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS
Hot waxing, bleaching or electrolysis.
I have read and understood the above. I am over 18 years of age and understand the necessary precautions for sauna sessions.
12.0 MASSAGE THERAPY
Sessions can be booked via your therapist or the club. All appointments are subject to a deposit. Additional screening must be carried out on the first session to determine the treatment necessary. All advice and instruction given is strictly between you and the therapist and does not reflect any views or advice of the club. Any services or products purchased must be done so via your therapist in accordance with the terms and conditions stated. Twenty four hours notice must be given for cancellations otherwise deposits will be lost. Monies are non refundable.
Thanks for your co-operation.